Custom Search

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

All That I Need

I just found out recently that Francis Ray died.  When I heard that, I impulsively bought one of her books for my Kindle.  I rarely buy romance books. I usually pick one up at the library when I need a break from the "serious" books.  Anyway, I recently took a trip to Los Angeles and this worked as a quick plane book.  One that could be completed in two round trip flights lasting approximately 5 hours each.

I think I may have read this book too soon after this one. I really can only read a book like this on average about once per year.  Or, if I read more than one per year, the first one has to be in January and the second one around November/December.  It's only been four months.  Not enough time has passed for me to appreciate the cheesy romance this time around. It was the same predictable story.  I outlined the formula  plot for you in my previous review of Francis Ray's work, but it never hurts to go over it once more.

Boy meets girl; girl is reluctant; girl isn't reluctant beyond page 60; nobody wants to admit they are in love; big argument or misunderstanding; something potentially tragic or dangerous happens; then everyone admits they actually ARE in love...the end!

There you have it again, in a nutshell. This book ended kind of abruptly too because it is part of a series.  The next book in the series is called All That I Desire and the events of that book are foreshadowed towards the end of this one.  I felt kind of "meh" about this installment.  I think I just went for the guilty pleasure book too soon without reading enough heavy/non-fiction/cerebral material prior to picking it up.  However, if you are in the market for a book like this for your summer enjoyment, go for it.