Custom Search

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Paris, My Sweet

LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. I don't know if it's because I still think of Paris on a daily basis ever since my December trip or because I love desserts, but this book made me very happy.  Amy Thomas describes the vibe and the feel of Paris and New York perfectly.  She experiences both cities through desserts. It is amazing how food can unknowingly describe a city.  Paris is steeped in history and the dessert and food choices reflect that.  New York is forever changing and the sweet offerings throughout the city continually demonstrate that. If you have experienced both cities and have moments when you daydream about the days you toured, lived in, worked in, or played in either city, this book will capture you and make you smile. It may also make you start counting your pennies to plan your next sweet trip. If you enjoy travel and desserts this is an excellent summer read.