Custom Search

Monday, May 14, 2012

Every Day a Friday


I started reading this book about two weeks ago and under normal conditions I probably would have finished it in a few days.  However, this was a "post-it note" book.  As in, I was putting post-it notes on pages and taking notes as I went along.  The main reason I enjoyed this book is because I enjoy Joel Osteen and his motivational message.  He never gets so submerged in the dogma of religion that it's unintelligible.  It's practical and enjoyable. Yes there are references to scriptures and to biblical parables, but the message is universal.  I think everyone can benefit from learning to be a little more positive in general.  If you're unfamiliar with Joel Osteen, this may be good way to ease into his work.  Here, he focuses mainly on happiness as a conscious choice.  This choice, combined with the understanding that God is continually blessing us, can help us be happy no matter the day of the week. It's a matter of changing perspective and being open to working on changing that perspective daily.  I would say that anyone could give this book a try.  You will know within the first few chapters if it speaks to your soul or not.