Custom Search

Monday, December 31, 2012

Book Challenge 2013

Well I just finished my last book of 2012 (World War Z). My Goodreads goal was to read fifty books this year and I read fifty-nine. I initially started with a list of 30 specific books and I did read twelve of those, but the lesson I've learned this year is that I'm a free-spirit reader and I embrace that. NO specific list for 2013. I'm just going to read with abandon. However, I am going to try and do at least one non-fiction book per month.  I need to increase my knowledge base of just about everything so a little non-fiction infusion on a monthly basis will do the trick. I am also going to stick to my personal goal of fifty books per year.  It's a nice round number that I can appreciate and it's more of a tracking number than anything else.  As always, keep the recommendations coming throughout the year.  :-)

2013 List

1) Whatever I feel like



!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!



***Reading Quotes***

“My alma mater was books, a good library.... I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.” ― Malcolm X

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” ― Groucho Marx

“I read the f*** out of every book I can get my hands on.” ― Nick Hornby