Custom Search

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry

I am feeling that old tug of "ditch desire".  Ditch desire is when I deeply desire ditching my life and following my passion.  Of course that would probably mean I have to actually whittle down all my interests into my one true passion, but I digress.  Whenever I feel ditch desire settling in, I grab a book about a person who does actually ditch their life as they know it and go for the gold.  So I was drawn to this book about Kathleen Flinn who was fired from a corporate, rat-race job and decided she was going to attend Le Cordon Bleu culinary school in Paris.  The book tackles several of my favorite themes:  travel, adventure, following your dreams, food, and love.  The book reads quickly and the story has the requisite ups and downs that come along with the uncertainty of a new life.  I enjoyed it as a nice, easy summer read.  I enjoyed Paris, My Sweet more, but this book has just the right amount of inspiration to make me believe that one day I will be able to leave it all behind and pursue whatever dreams may come my way.