Custom Search

Monday, June 4, 2012

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Well, I probably would have enjoyed the book more if there were some sandwich recipes listed in the back or at the end of each chapter. At first I thought the book was going to be similar to The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch but it is not even worthy of being placed in the same category.  It is about a man who receives a terminal diagnosis and decides to live each day to the fullest.  However, that is where any similarities end. The Last Lecture is beautiful, moving and focused. You can tell it was written by a man on an honest mission.  Enjoy Every Sandwich, however, is all over the place and it's hard to pinpoint what message the author is trying to convey.  He talks about God, yoga, science, health, nutrition, love, family, medicine, and past lives.  Yes, he devotes many paragraphs to his description of visions he had depicting his multiple past lives.  I found myself, at that point, thinking I picked up the wrong book.  I have to say, if you want to read a book about life's lessons and living in the moment avoid this one at all costs and read The Last Lecture instead.