Custom Search

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Me Talk Pretty One Day

I first read this book when I lived in NYC and I remember laughing out loud during my commute on the train.  Well, I still laughed out loud here and there so I guess this book has still got "it".  I also think the stories about France were more significant and hilarious to me this time around since I have actually traveled to France in the interim and can relate.  The book is a collection of very short stories/essays from the author's life that cover just about every topic from being forced into speech therapy for a stubborn lisp to the experience of talking like a toddler when speaking a foreign language in a new country (hence the title).  There is a funny, often sarcastic, spin put on all the stories. If you don't like sarcasm, you may not like the stories.  However, I enjoy a good dose of sarcasm and wit so I had a good time with this book.