Custom Search

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Phantom of the Opera

This is another book that I began prior to my trip to Paris and completed the day after my return.  It is a very easy read, but I was spending most of my time absorbing the city and reading Paris to the Moon in the evenings.  I did, prior to my arrival in Paris, read over half of the story. So on my first day in the city I made a special trip to the Garnier Opera to see the Phantom's box.  The story is told extremely well and the actual Garnier Opera is stunning in appearance.  If you read the book prior to entering the grand opera house, you will definitely get a feeling that a story such as that of Erik, Raoul, Chistine Daae, and the Persian could have taken place here.  It is a curious love story after all is said and done, but what better setting to have a curious love story than a grand, opulent opera house that seems capable of holding many mysteries and secrets.