Custom Search

Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Oddly enough, I came to this book via one of my more recent guilty pleasures - KDramas.  I started watching Korean Dramas last year. One of them, called My Love From Another Star, has a main character who reads this book frequently. That piqued my interest so I picked it up from the library.  I loved it. I love the message in it and I love the story as a whole. It's written in such a beautiful, simple way that there's no way you could hate it.  Although it seems to be for children since it's illustrated and extremely easy to read, it's really for all ages because the moral is applicable to everyone. Open your heart to love and be hopeful of the journey. I won't get into the details because I just want you to go and read it for yourself.

This is now one of my personal favorites and I will be purchasing a copy from the bookstore.


Side note: 
The Korean drama that led me to this book is also about a journey to love. If you're interested you can catch all 21 episodes of it here.