Custom Search

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Four Agreements

This book has been recommended to me multiple times.  I finally read it and I'm glad I did. I am a big believer in the power of the mind.  I think you can influence your life either positively or negatively by what you believe. This book lists and discusses four agreements you should make with yourself in order to live a life of happy freedom from the status quo.  The four agreements are:

1) Be impeccable with your word
2) Don't make assumptions
3) Don't take things personally
4) Always do your best

The author explains how, by implementing these agreements into your life, you can open your heart and mind to more compassion and love. I love reading positive writing like this.  I know it's not for everyone, but if you gravitate towards writing about inner peace or Zen-like topics, this is a good selection. It's also a quick read, but be sure to have a highlighter handy.  There are some good points made that you won't want to forget.