Custom Search

Sunday, November 4, 2012

What in God's Name

This is a quick, funny book.  I literally finished it in about 5 hours (give or take an hour or two).  Once again, if you are easily offended by an author taking a different perspective on religion, stay away.  If you are open-minded and enjoy the idea that maybe there is a little humor to be found in everything, then you may enjoy this.  Basically, God is done with us humans and decides that it's time to wipe us out.  Two angels intervene and strike a deal with God to stop the planned destruction if they can get two socially awkward people to hook up.  The plot somehow works and there are some pretty funny lines in the book as well.  It is definitely meant to be light. Of course the pseudo-intellectual in me did get a bit introspective. I started to think about all the times I thought something was a "coincidence".  I will never look at a gust of wind or a sneeze the same way.  So I guess there is an opening for deep discussion if you want to take it there. Enjoy!