Custom Search

Saturday, August 23, 2014

State of Wonder

Ann Patchett is becoming one of my favorite authors. This is the second book I've read by her and while Bel Canto is still my favorite, she does not disappoint with State of Wonder either. I enjoyed this book from the moment Dr. Singh starts her journey into the Amazon. One of her colleagues has died out there while helping Dr. Singh's former professor conduct research. Dr. Singh is assigned the task of finding out what exactly happens. This becomes a journey of self-discovery, self-reflection, and ethical dilemmas.

I would say more, but I want people to read it so I'm not going to give anything away. There are some significant plot twists and unanswered questions in the book as well that will keep you thinking for a little while after you finish reading. Ms Patchett has left me, once again, wanting more (in a good way). I will be taking a look at her other books now to see what else I can get my hands on.