Custom Search

Thursday, February 14, 2013

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess

I read this book for a Bible Study group I recently joined.  It was pretty good, but I've been reading a lot about anti-consumerism and minimalism for about 2 years now. With that being said, I didn't feel like this book necessarily added anything to the plethora of articles and books I've already read on simplifying life.  What I did appreciate was the fact that this particular author decided to pare down her life because of her desire to live more like Christ.  She includes inspirational scripture in the book and documents her own failures and triumphs.  I think once I start the discussion group this Sunday, I will probably get more from the book via talking with others about living a simple life as Christ did. If you don't care for religion, you can skip this book.  However, if you are interested in religion and its applications in life and you have never tried to simplify your life or decrease the amount of "stuff" you own, this is a solid starting point.