Custom Search

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World

This book was a random choice at the library one day when I was browsing the shelves.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but when I saw the title I scooped it up.  I was not disappointed.  This book is probably preaching to the choir.  I'm sure most women who read this book will already consider themselves pretty savvy and well-read.  However, the points that the author makes are so salient and at times staggering that all women should read this.  Topics such as our celebrity driven media, our suffering educational system and our decline in literacy are all discussed.  This book has inspired me to become, not only a better woman, but also a better global citizen.  What I really appreciate about the book is that there are footnotes that lead you do more research on your own and THINK for yourself. I highly, highly recommend this book for all women.