Custom Search

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Writer, M.D.

One would think I would be wary of medical books since I work in the medical field, but I usually love them.  This is a collection of non-fiction and fiction medical writing.  I found that I actually enjoyed the non-fiction writing more than the fiction.  I think it's just because I could relate to some of the non-fiction scenarios.  Reality can be more entertaining than fiction when it comes to medical stories. There were about three non-fiction stories that I felt "blah" about.  The rest were pretty good and held my attention.  The fiction stories were not as strong, although at least two of them were memorable and I found myself wishing the story was longer. Overall, if you have an interest in medical writing, this isn't necessarily an extraordinary "must-read", but it's a solid choice.